FR (Hasta NL25) NL 5 FR - Squeeze AQo on BB...

• Sczcepanik
      Sczcepanik
      Bronce
      Registro: 01-17-2009 Artículos: 4.738
      Hola! (Ya you all know, I dont speak spanish... but I love the "Samy4Ever" videos, thats why im posting some hands over here, hope nobody minds! :f_biggrin: )

Stats + Notes: The CO vilan, plays 17/8 and I have a note that he never plays 3bet pot, neither IP. So I knew he would fold.

The BU player, 41/3, so, my AQo is way ahead against his range...

Duda: Who would squeeze? The $1 bet is good? more? less? What about the bet-fold on flop? Ok?

[b]Thank you all in the community, this is the best thing about Poker, exchanging ideas without borders. :f_love:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Reproduzir mão

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $5.05
      BU:
      $10.13
      SB:
      $5.16
      BB(Hero):
      $5.00
      UTG2:
      $5.05
      MP1:
      $5.99
      MP2:
      $1.66
      MP3:
      $1.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, A.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.22, BU calls $0.22, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, BU calls $0.78.

Flop: ($2.29) 5, 5, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BU raises to $9.13(All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.79.
  • 4 respuestas
    • k0st0n1
      k0st0n1
      Bronce
      Registro: 02-05-2009 Artículos: 174
      i dont like bet/fold, u need only 28% equity to call, a lot of times ur AQ are ahead on this flop against a 40/3, if u dont want call his shove check/fold, another option check/shove to try have fold equtiy against low p.pairs.
    • Fatto
      Fatto
      Bronce
      Registro: 08-30-2008 Artículos: 1.847
      Hi Sczcepanik!

Pre flop: the squeeze is good, x 4.5.
      Flop: continiu bet / fold is good too.

Nace hand

Saludos
      Fatto :f_biggrin:
    • ManorJr
      ManorJr
      Bronce
      Registro: 01-15-2008 Artículos: 5.879
      Hi Sczcepanik!

Against calling station or fishes players its very difficult to play squeeze hands becouse they will pay u a lot of times, although having this note u could do it.

The raise size is correct and the postflop play too. The only line in this board is bet/fold against this players.

I call the crack samy4ever =)

See u!

Manor
    • samy4ever
      samy4ever
      Black
      Registro: 04-02-2008 Artículos: 18.682
      original de Sczcepanik
      Hola! (Ya you all know, I dont speak spanish... but I love the "Samy4Ever" videos, thats why im posting some hands over here, hope nobody minds! :f_biggrin: )

Stats + Notes: The CO vilan, plays 17/8 and I have a note that he never plays 3bet pot, neither IP. So I knew he would fold.

The BU player, 41/3, so, my AQo is way ahead against his range...

Duda: Who would squeeze? The $1 bet is good? more? less? What about the bet-fold on flop? Ok?

Thank you all in the community, this is the best thing about Poker, exchanging ideas without borders. :f_love:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Reproduzir mão

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $5.05
      BU:
      $10.13
      SB:
      $5.16
      BB(Hero):
      $5.00
      UTG2:
      $5.05
      MP1:
      $5.99
      MP2:
      $1.66
      MP3:
      $1.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, A.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.22, BU calls $0.22, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, BU calls $0.78.

Flop: ($2.29) 5, 5, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BU raises to $9.13(All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.79.
      Hi Sczcepanik!

Manorjr told me about this thread 2 days ago but I was really snowed under and didn't have time to comment, sorry!

Thanks for your comments ;) !

About the hand, your squeeze is perfect ! As you've said, AQ has good equity against the fish range.

But the problem may be on the flop. If you are playing against a TAG player/regular player... He will always have a mid-PP at least, so you have 0 fold equity on that flop and therefore, a CB isn't worth it. However, when we are against a fish his range still includes hundreds of hands like Ax, broadways... And he'll have to fold them all because the pot is too big and he's not gonna push all-in with A high.

Summing up, I like the way you played it:

Squeezing preflop because AQ is a really good hand against them and besides, you have fold equity.
      On the flop, we are against a fish that will have to fold almost everything but PP, and his range is full of Ax, broadways...
      Once he pushes all-in, we have to fold because it's very unlikely the fish will have a worse hand than yours. With 22 he's ahead!

Kind regards,
      Samy