Bueno les recomiendo no apostar en esa sala de poker y apuestas deportivas, son estafadores! Me han estafado, me siento indignado y muy triste, nunca pensé que esta aberración podía pasar realmente, tenia 850 libras en la cuenta y les dejo el chat con el operador para que vean lo absurdo de su respuesta
Tobias : Hi, my name is Tobias.
Federico Ezequiel: helllo
Federico Ezequiel: tobias
Tobias: Hi Federico
Federico Ezequiel: I cant enter to my account,,,
Federico Ezequiel: and I dont know
Tobias: Let us have a look at that. As part of our security procedures, please tell me your date of birth and home address, the last deposit method you used and the amount, or when you last used your account.
Federico Ezequiel: date of birht
Federico Ezequiel:
Federico Ezequie
Federico Ezequiel:
Federico Ezequiel: neteller
Tobias: Thank you.. Your account has been closed permanently and winnings confiscated due to your ID document not being approved by our security department
Federico Ezequiel: I give us my document
Federico Ezequiel: why blocked my account?
Tobias: Because the document was not approved by our security department.. Their decision is final and it cannot be changed.
Federico Ezequiel: ?????
Federico Ezequiel: why my id is not approved?
Federico Ezequiel: ID document..
Federico Ezequiel: why?
Tobias: They do not disclose the reason for this - so I am not able to tell you.. Only that it could not be approved and due to this, the account was permanently closed
Federico Ezequiel: me estan estafando
Federico Ezequiel: They are scamming me
Federico Ezequiel: hablas españo
Federico Ezequiel: español
Federico Ezequiel: tu me tienes que dar explicaciones
Federico Ezequiel: entiendes?
Tobias: Unfortunately I do not speak Spanish
Federico Ezequiel: you have to give me explanations
Federico Ezequiel: why because I have blocked the account if they have documents uqe ask me what the documents are original and exudes the Argentine government
Tobias: Unfortunately we cannot offer you an explanation. As per our terms and conditions, we are not required to give an explanation when an account is closed
Federico Ezequiel: and my money?
Federico Ezequiel: I want my money!
Tobias: They have been confiscated and that decision will not be changed I´m afraid
Federico Ezequiel: according I will talk to my lawyer and I will defame and Cometar the scam all forums

Federico Ezequiel: and I 'll talk to the governor of this page to denounce their scam
Tobias: Since the chat is no longer active, I will close this chat now. If you have any further questions feel free to contact us again. Have a great evening