Rake on Stars beatable

• 4 respuestas
    • sipox
      sipox
      Bronce
      Registro: 09-13-2009 Artículos: 6.607
      Hi Wustenfuchs:

Welcome to the spanish community, and I hope you have a nice time here in Spain :)

Regarding your question, the rake is beatable, however the rakeback % has been dropped from what it is/was in PokerStars.com. That, in addition to the taxation and the very very low traffic, makes playing in PokerStars.ES not as profitable as it should.

The taxes will apply above around 5k€ in winnings, and the % varies along with the amount won from like the 20% up to maybe 50% for huge winners (100k+).

Any other concerns, feel free to post again.

Cheers!
      Sipox
    • Skunkor
      Skunkor
      Bronce
      Registro: 09-01-2010 Artículos: 3.125
      original de Wustenfuchs
      Hey guys.

I am moving to Spain (Mallorca) in some weeks and get me an apartment over there. Still like to play poker (Nl50 mainly) and of course have to switch from the .com to the .es site. Regard that I do have two main questions:

- is the rake beatable on the es.sites or is anyone caught in a rake-trap?
      - and what about the taxation?

Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.
      Hi, welcome to our beautiful Island.

Rake in Stars.es is higher than in .com but is definitely beatable. I play NL25 SH with a good winrate (over 8bb/100) and I have a close friend winning 5bb/100 mixing NL25 to NL100.

Rakeback is worst than .com but the field is not very hard in micro and low stakes. From NL200 the field is harder than in .com because here the highest stake that you can play is NL500 which implies that people who should be playing NL1000+ at .com is usually mixing NL200 and NL500.

Bye and "benvingut a Mallorca".
    • Wustenfuchs
      Wustenfuchs
      Bronce
      Registro: 10-06-2006 Artículos: 1.862
      Thank you very much for the prompt reply to both of you. I am happy to hear that those games are still beatable despite the larger rake. Hearing your concerns, Skunkor, that Nl200+ might be more difficult on .es as on .com makes sence but since I even don't beat that limit on .com anymore, it doesn't affect me at all. So a weaker Nl50 field is more worth to me for the moment. Anyways the taxation sounds shocking...

I have read on 2+2 that you even can not substract your losses from your winnings. Meaning, if you win a pot of 100€ in hand 1 and losing 100€ in hand 2, you still have to pay tax for an amount of 100€. Is that true or did the Spanish gambling regulation changed this braindead idea?
    • Skunkor
      Skunkor
      Bronce
      Registro: 09-01-2010 Artículos: 3.125
      original de Wustenfuchs

I have read on 2+2 that you even can not substract your losses from your winnings. Meaning, if you win a pot of 100€ in hand 1 and losing 100€ in hand 2, you still have to pay tax for an amount of 100€. Is that true or did the Spanish gambling regulation changed this braindead idea?
      This is wrong. You have to pay taxes for your real profit (in the case that you've explained you have not to pay any tax). Initially was as you said but politicians realised that it was impossible to pay that taxes so they changed it.