Barcelona in two days

• galer
      galer
      Bronce
      Registro: 05-06-2008 Artículos: 7.432
      Hello my Spanish friends! :pokerface: (nice emoticons You have here)

I will be visiting Barcelona soon. I wiil be there only two days (plane landing 13:00 and go off 17:30 next day).

What can You recommend to see in Barcelona within this short time?

I have found nice option. Two-days bus ticket for Barcelona Hop-on Hop Tour.
      With three routes:

Discover Barcelona using three tour routes. Your ticket is valid on ALL routes.

North Route (Red Line):
      Placa de Catalunya
      Casa Batllo - Fundacio Antoni Tapies
      Passeig de Gracia - La Pedrera
      Sagrada Familia
      Gracia
      Parc Guell
      Tramvia Blau - Tibidabo
      Sarria
      Monestir de Pedralbes - Col.leccio Thyssen
      Palau Reial - Pavellons Guell
      Barcelona Football Club
      Francesc Macia - Diagonal
      MACBA - CCCB

South Route (Blue Line):
      Placa de Catalunya
      Casa Batllo - Fundacio Antoni Tapies
      Passeig de Gracia - La Pedrera
      Francesc Macia - Diagonal
      Estacio de Sants
      Creu Coberta
      Placa d'Espanya
      Caixa Forum - Pavello Van Der Rohe
      Poble Espanyol
      MNAC
      Anella Olimpica
      Funicular de Montjuïc
      Fundacio Joan Miro
      Miramar - Jardins Costa i Llobera
      World Trade Center
      Colom - Museu Maritim
      Port Vell
      Museu d'Historia de Catalunya
      Port Olimpic
      Place de la Citadel - Zoo
      Pla de Palau
      Barri Gotic

Forum Route (Green Line):
      Port Olimpic
      Platja del Bogatell
      Forum
      Parc Diagonal Mar
      Poblenou

55E for two people is not a high price i think and I can change the buses anytime i want.

What are the best places from the list to see? Also can You recommend some nice (and not expensive) restaurants for good Spanish breakfast? :roto2: (that's nice too)

Adiós! :coolface: (lol)
  • 6 respuestas
    • Decemark
      Decemark
      Bronce
      Registro: 03-17-2009 Artículos: 4.083
      Hi galer,

In one afternoon and morning you won't have too much time to see anything. In my opinion, taking the bus tours is not the smartest thing to do because you will see a lot of places but you will not have time to get involved.

I would take a walk in the downtown of the city instead taking the bus, Plaça Catalunya, Passeig de Gràcia, Les Rambles, Rambla Catalunya, Port Olímpic, Port Vell, Parc de la Ciutadella, La Barceloneta, Catedral, Santa Maria del Mar curch's, Born neighbourhood, Raval neighbourhood, etc..You will find restaurants by yourself and you will feel the charm of the city :)

But it's only my opinion!

Have a nice stay :)
    • yorshgammon
      yorshgammon
      Bronce
      Registro: 11-05-2009 Artículos: 144
      Not enought time to visit Barcelona.

You need to visit the inside of the Sagrada Familia, walk around the Barri Gotic (there are several things to see that are so close here) and maybe spend the morning in the beach or go to the Parc Guell.

Bye.

PD: In Spain, the breaksfast is just a coffe :) , but you can enjoy a very good lunch anywhere.
    • galer
      galer
      Bronce
      I have picked this bus tour because it's very flexible.

There are many bus stop for this tour around Barcelona and buses stops every few minutes.
      I can choose some of the locations and get there quickly without worrying about taxi or anything.
      Of course I don't want to see all places from this list ;)
      Just help me to pick the best ones!

(there will be no match at Camp Nou in these days.. :( )
    • Decemark
      Decemark
      Bronce
      No, but you can visit the FC Barcelona museum, it's pretty cool, well, it's perfect xD !

So, from the list:

I'm not agree with the other guy, Sagrada Familia it's also cool, but you can see it from the bus, if you want to get in you will spend the whole morning in the queue, it's not worth.

Parc Guell
      Port Vell
      Colom
      Port Olímpic
      Barri Gòtic
      Gracia
      Tramvia Blau - Tibidabo

But i insist, i would take a walk in the downtwn xD . I think you will enjoy more the views from the bus than this stops you can do, most of them are not very special...

Again, have a nice stay
    • galer
      galer
      Bronce
      Ok.

The list is long, so i will give some additional informations.

I am looking for some natural, nice places. Not museums, sculptures and lots of history (but the Sagrada Familia looks really cool on pictures). I am not type of history-loving tourist.

This two days are meant to be in romantic atmosphere :coolface:
      I am going with a girl, so we are looking for places with beautiful views we can remember for long time ;)
    • Decemark
      Decemark
      Bronce
      Parc Güell, It's not the most romantic Parc in the world but it's pretty cool, from Gaudí, you have views from BCN and also some nature. The bad point is the crowd, is full of tourists, but i think it worth.

Parc de la Ciutadella. You have the zoo and Catalan Parlament and also good places to rest with grass and trees plus a lake.

Tramvia blau - Tibidabo: Tibidabo is one of the oldest amusement parks in Europe, very charming and in the top of a mountain where youll be able to see whole BCN, if you want romanticism, youll have there. The entrace is about 25€ so it's up to you.